So now that October is over, (how is it already November 1st?!) I decided to show you guys some items that I’ve been loving and using during the month of October. (a couple of these would have made it in past month favs if I had a blog back then) Most of the products I’ve included are makeup or beauty related, with the exception of two or three other products I’m obsessed with as well.
• Kylie Cosmetics lip kit in the color ‘Dirty Peach’- When I first saw this color I didn’t like it. The color just didn’t look like a color I’d like and I didn’t like the way it looked on the models in the promo pics. I think it was about a month (maybe a little less) that I kinda started warming up to this color. I watched a couple of Youtube first impressions and looked at the tagged pics on Instagram of the color. I ended up ordering it but I was still a little nervous because I didn’t want it to look too “orange” on me. Some of the pics I saw, it appeared very orange on a few people, while on others, it was a beautiful lighter peach. I was hoping for the latter… luckily it was and I fell in love! The color is so beautiful and it isn’t too orange on me at all. It looks exactly the way I was hoping and it’s a shade I have been wearing soo much! The formula is the same as other Kylie products. If you’ve been reading my blog then you know I love her lip kit’s and they’re one of my favs as far as the way they feel on the lips and longevity. I think this color is my favorite shade from her line at the moment, before this color came along my favorite was ‘Koko K’.
• Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Protector pressed in the color ‘Rose Quartz’- If you’d like to read my review about this you can check it out here: Becca Cosmetics & Anastasia Beverly Hills This shade makes such a pretty highlight color and I’ve been reaching for this one daily (more than all my other highlight shades)
• Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment- I picked this up maybe about two weeks ago, so I haven’t technically been using it for the full month of October. It’s a favorite because it works incredible. I’ve never had a big acne problem, even growing up, I’ll get the occasional pimple here and there, maybe a white head or two, but it’s not consistent or something that’s a problem. I saw this on someone’s blog (can’t remember who, sorry) and I was interested because I use the Clean & Clear facial toner and really like that. This products says it reduces the size and redness of pimples quickly. At the time when I picked it up I had a bigger than normal sized pimple near my cheek… I used this and by the next morning it was about 80% gone! It’s great because you only need to use a little bit of the product so this will be something that will last me a long time. It’s inexpensive and gets the job done.
• Lorac Mega Pro 3 Palette- I gave my thoughts on this and you can read it here: Lorac Mega Pro 3 still a favorite and still using this very often!
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario- My post about this can be found here: Master Palette by Mario- Anastasia Beverly Hills I can’t say how much I love this palette!! (maybe even slightly more than the Lora Mega Pro 3) if you can get your hands on this palette, I’d definitely recommend it. Great for all skin tones!
• Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick in the color ‘Allison’- Another post I made about this color, my thoughts on this can be found here: Becca Cosmetics & Anastasia Beverly Hills The color, ‘Allison’ is a color I’m obsessed with! If I’m not wearing Dirty Peach by Kylie, I’m wearing this color. I love this shade so much. It’s perfect for fall and I just love the way it looks on me. My thoughts are still pretty much the same as they were when I gave my review in my past post.
• Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in the color ‘Dusty Lilac’ I’m really into matte or metallic liquid lips, but I like to change it up and I do really adore a good lip gloss. (Before matte liquid lipsticks came along, I lived in lip gloss! I have a few ABH lip glosses and they are some of the best (in my opinion) the pigmentation is great and that’s something I really like when it comes to lip gloss. I don’t always want a sheer gloss or a touch of color. Dusty Lilac is a soft pinkish purple. Not too intense or bold.
• Quay Australia sunglasses in ‘High Key by Desi Perkins’- I’m a big fan of Quay Australia for good, affordable, sunnies. When I saw the High Key sunnies in gold, they were just screaming my name. I wasn’t able to get these right when they launched but I did get them not too long afterwards. I wore these pretty much all summer and into fall. Gorgeous sunnies!!
• Bath & Body Works 3 wick candle ‘Marshmallow Fireside’- What can I say about this candle? It’s the first B&BW candle I ever burned and that started my obsession with their candles and candles in general. I buy multiple’s of this candle every year. (enough to last me until next year when it comes out again) The scent description reads:
- Toasted Marshmallow, Smoldering Woods, Fire Roasted Vanilla, Crystallized Amber
• Bath & Body Works 3 wick candle ‘Peppermint Marshmallow’- I originally bought this candle because the glass is pink and it had a marshmallow note. I’m not a big fan of peppermint scents, I am as long as they’re not really strong. I don’t want the main note to be peppermint… if it’s blended in with something else I usually like scents similar to that. This scent really surprised me because I thought the peppermint was going to overpower the marshmallow, but it blends in nicely and is just the opposite. I get a peppermint smell, but I pick up a lot of vanilla marshmallow notes as well. It comes together very nicely. Ahh! This smells sooo good!! Definitely a new favorite & one I’ll be stocking up on! 🙂 The scent description reads:
- Crushed Peppermint, Homemade Marshmallow, Confectioner’s Sugar
Those were my favorite things for the month of October. Still can’t believe that month is now over!! Have you guys tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know! Thanks for reading!