I couldn’t pass up another trip to Yankee Candle. The sale of B2G2 free is still going on until November 23. I did a B2G2 and BOGO (which ended either today or yesterday) for a total of six candles. I went in just to look… (yeah, right) I was expecting to find more candles that I’d be interested in, but the candles I did pick up were “backups.” Basically ones I already own that I love and like to have an extra of for when they’re no longer in stores. The only except was ‘Apple Butter’ that was a new one for me. I’ve never burned it before.
I really haven’t kept up on all the Yankee “news” and what’s been happening so I guess I was kinda hoping for some new candle goodies. New scents for the winter/ holiday season. Other than the new Cookie Swap collection I picked up last time, nothing was really too new. I saw Christmas candles, lots of returning ones from past years, but I’m not a big fan of those. I like bakery, foodie smells. I’m also not a huge fan of peppermint scents. Some can be very nice, but I’m not much of a fan of the ones Yankee puts out. Cherries On Snow is a good one, but I wasn’t feeling it today so I decided to pass on that.
Scent descriptions according to YankeeCandle.com
- Apple Butter – The creamy, inviting aroma of tart apples sweetened with sugar, ground cinnamon and allspice.
- Vanilla Bourbon – A traditional warm-me-up on a cold winter’s day– a mug full of something steaming topped with a layer of thick vanilla cream and laced with a dash of strong bourbon.
Mid: Nutmeg, Clove
Base: Vanilla, Bourbon, Brown Sugar
Top note is the initial impression of the fragrance, middle note is the main body of the scent and base is its final impression.
- Berry Truffle – The mouth-watering fragrance of fresh berries, tangy and sharp, nestled on a white bed of soft vanilla cream—delicious!Fragrance Notes:Top: Raspberry
Mid: Strawberry; Blueberry
Base: Vanilla, Cream, Sugar
- Caramel Apple Cake – Rich caramel and vanilla frosting surrounds apple cake perfection-sugary sweet and finished with crunchy nuts.
Mid: Vanilla, Clove, Caramel
Bottom: Praline, Sugar
- Peach Cobbler – Peaches, from the farmer’s market, perfectly baked with cinnamon and honey sugar.
Top: Peach, Tropical, Nutmeg
Mid: Cinnamon, Mulled Peaches
Base: Vanilla, Honey Sugar, Cream
- Sugar & Spice – A mouthwatering swirl of cinnamon, buttery vanilla, and sugar crystals all baking together—guaranteed to fill your home with smiles.Fragrance Notes:Top: Sugar Crystals
Mid: Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon
Base: Butter, Vanilla
The Balsam & Cedar room spray is my husbands. He loves Christmas(y) scents. I can only take them in small doses. The Christmas Cookie scent is mine and smells similar to Vanilla Cupcake from Yankee. Either way, it smells yummy! I love these room sprays over the Bath & Body Works ones because while these are strong, they’re not as powerful as the Bath & Body Works ones. I want strong fragrance sprays, but not to the point where it chokes me up and is overpowering. I find the B&BW ones to be just too much. These ones are nice because they’re strong, but not very heavy. It’s a nice balance. These retail at $7.99 each! I find that a bit crazy for such a small product. Personally I wouldn’t pay almost $8 for this- and I don’t! I get these when they’re on sale or I go to my Yankee Candle outlet and purchase them for a cheaper price. I’m not sure how long the sale is going on for these, but I paid $4.00 each. Much better than $8!
As I mentioned, all of these candles (with the exception of Apple Butter) I have burned in the past. These are a few of my favorites. I love the scent on every single one of these and get a good throw with them all. For the most part, all of them fill a room with their fragrance. Peach Cobbler is a bit light in scent and is the least powerful of them all, but I adore this scent. I love it so much! While it is quite light, what I do smell from it keeps me buying more and more of them. I do wish it was super powerful because it is such a sweet beautiful smell. I’d recommend all these scents, especially if you’re into food/ bakery notes. These are fantastic and I pick up multiple backups for when I run out.
Have you guys tried any of these scents before? Picked up anything at the sale? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! 🙂