It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of Bath & Body Works candles. I buy them whenever they’re on sale and burn them year round. I’ve been a fan of their candles for about five years now. Are they the perfect candle? Far from it. Do they have wick issues and the occasional non throw issues? Of course. I can get past it enough to continue buying them. Their fall and winter candles are my favorite! If you’re a Bath & Body Works candle fan (and you pay attention), you’ll often find lots of returning repackaged candles that are renamed something different. The candle still smells exactly the same… it’s just a completely different label and title. In some ways that’s a good thing. Say they’ve “discontinued” a candle you really loved, you might get lucky the following season with it returning- just named and repackaged something completely different. For example one of the candles I love currently, ‘Maple Cinnamon Pancakes’ is my favorite candle from a couple of years ago they discontinued- ‘Pumpkin Caramel Latte’ Completely different names, but exact same scent notes in each of them.
- Pumpkin French Toast – Warm maple syrup notes, brown sugar, & pumpkin spice. When I first burned this candle I actually hated it. It smelled like their candle Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake. I was picking up a milky cheese note- which I hate!! I thought I was going to have to return this candle, but I decided to give it one more burn. The second time I burned this it was a complete 180! I picked up the caramelized brown sugar and maple syrup. I don’t smell any pumpkin in this candle, but it smells delicious nonetheless. It makes me think of breakfast! I love it! This candle was very strong! Scented my whole hallway and bedroom.
- Chocolate Pistachio – Pistachio, Chocolate Truffle, and Powdered Sugar. This candle smells like a Mr. Goodbar candy bar. A lot of people compare it to peanut M&M’s and I can see that, but I think this is spot on a Mr. Goodbar. You get the chocolate scent (it’s not very strong or rich, a little more diluted) the nutty scent is strong, but not to the point where it’s going to overpower you. I find the mint green wax to be very beautiful as well. This candle really looks nice when burning. The color of the wax and the flames just make it picture perfect. This candle was also a strong thrower for me. Definitely recommend it if you love chocolate and nuts.
- Maple Cinnamon Pancakes – Warm Maple Syrup, Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes, Fresh Ground Cinnamon. This is straight up Pumpkin Caramel Latte. This candle is super strong! I smell caramel notes, buttery caramel, (sometimes it kinda starts to smell burnt) I do smell some cinnamon in there but it’s not very strong. This candle is amazing! (besides the burnt smell I pick up every so often, as I start to get closer to the end of it) If you’re looking for a “breakfast pancakey scent” you won’t get it from this candle. I have no idea why B&BW decided to market the candle this way and claim it to be Maple Cinnamon Pancakes. It smells delicious though and has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years (when it was Pumpkin Caramel Latte)
- Pumpkin Pie – notes of creamy pumpkin, whipped vanilla, and flaky pie crust. If you love Pumpkin Pie, you’ll love this candle! It’s pretty authentic and true to the scent description. (for once) I pick up the pumpkin, hints of vanilla, and that yummy flaky crust note. I can’t say it enough… this candle is YUMMY!! Every time I have this burning my husband thinks I’m making pumpkin pie. 🙂 SO GOOD! Another very strong thrower!
- Peppermint Marshmallow – Crushed Peppermint, Homemade Marshmallow, Confectioner’s Sugar. This candle was mentioned in my October Favorites. I love, love, love this scent! The peppermint isn’t very heavy (which I appreciate) it mixes very well with the vanilla marshmallow. It just smells so sweet and amazing. I don’t pick up much confectioner’s sugar, at times I think I can smell it faintly mixed with the marshmallow. I like that the peppermint on this one isn’t the kind that knocks you over. I’m not a huge fan of peppermint unless it’s toned down, like this one. Not only do I love the scent with this candle, but the jar is pink! Couldn’t ask for a better candle!
All of these candles are 3 wick 14.5 oz with a burn time of 25-45 hours. They retail at $22.50 (I never pay full price and you shouldn’t either. Always try and buy them when they go on sale- which is pretty often throughout the year, especially around this time)
I checked and the only candle I have in this review that you can still purchase online is the Peppermint Marshmallow. You might be able to find most of these in store. I know a couple of my stores still have most of these candles.
Have any of you tried any of these scents? What’s your favorite candle or scent? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! 🙂