I was nominated for this award by the lovely Memyselfandthecamera thank you so much for nominating me! Please check out her blog, as she has lots of great posts & photography.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
So my blog started back in October. I’ve always loved writing and have always kept journals, diaries, whatever all throughout my early life into my adulthood. I had online journals (livejournal and Greatestjournal) back in the day and met lots of great friends from that. The idea of creating a blog had crossed my mind for a while, actually. I just never got around to doing it. I’ve always had a passion for makeup and I wanted to create a place where I could give my opinions on makeup, candles, share my thoughts, etc. I wanted to create a makeup and lifestyle blog and finally got around to doing so in October. 🙂
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers?
- Be consistent in posting. For the first two months or so I was posting six days a week. I wanted to create enough content on my page so my followers, or people stopping by would have enough material to read or browse through. You don’t have to post every day, but I find it nice when I see others that I follow have a couple of new posts up a week.
- Engage with your followers and really make it a point to try and get to know them. Comment often to posts you enjoy. I always find it to be nice when someone takes the time to read what I’ve written and shares their thoughts, etc. Reply back to comments, or like them just so the other person is acknowledged. It’s always nice when someone leaves something on your blog so I like to reply back always as a little ‘thank you.’
I nominate anyone who would like to give this a try. 🙂
Thanks for reading! 🙂
**DISCLAIMER** The above photo is not mine and was included as part of the award.**