NYX Cosmetics launched their limited edition Luv Out Loud liquid lipsticks. The collection features six new different shades, each celebrating individuality, beauty, and artistry for all.
Each shade name is a representation of the qualities that make a person beautiful.
Which one are you?
These six shades are said to be velvety mattes. I do find that to be true. They don’t dry down to a full on dry matte & do transfer. The formula is very creamy when going on and feels very comfortable while wearing.
I do like the shade selection, though I find them to have mostly purple toned shades. That’s actually not a problem for me, as I love purples, and especially for the fall, I think these will be perfect. I do, however, wish they had a few more colors added in for this collection. I would have liked a pink nude, or peachy nude, or maybe a bold berry shade, or deep vampy shade.
My favorite shades out of this collection are, Fearless, (it’s so beautiful) and Confident. The other colors are all great and all wore really well. Long lasting, I did mention they do transfer so you will have to touch up if you’re eating/ drinking a lot. I had no problems and very much enjoy these shades and lippies, overall.
I would say the Pro’s for these lipsticks are :
- They’re affordable ($7 each)
- They’re velvet mattes, so if you hate normal matte formulas, these will be perfect for you, as they’re way less drying and have that velvety feel
- Great for those who love purples tones
- Long lasting
The Cons would be :
- Not a full on matte and does transfer, so if you’re looking for a full on non transfer proof lipstick, these might not be for you
- The color selection is mostly purple toned shades, so if you hate purple, or want more selection, you might not like these, with the exception of Confident and Brilliant
I personally like this limited edition collection. I did find Brave to apply kind of patchy, but I do know those kinds of deeper purples are hard to formulate, at least that’s what I hear. It wasn’t too terribly patchy, and it didn’t bother me… I know patchiness bothers some people, so just keep that in mind if that’s a color you’re interested in.
I really like what this collection stands for. I love that NYX named each shade after a quality that makes someone beautiful. Very clever!
I want to thank NYX Cosmetics for gifting these to me for free to try out. I appreciate it and love this collection and the thought behind it! Great job! Thank you so much!
Which shade represents you? Have you tried these yet? Let me know!
Thanks for reading! 🙂